Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Unpresidential

When Barack Obama won in November, 2008, I peeled off my McCain-Palin bumper sticker that same night. I thought, "We have a new president. I voted against him, but he's my president now, too." I think most of the country thought the same way, that's why Obama's approval rating started out so high.

As his first year unfolded, however, it was obvious that Obama never saw himself as the president of the United States. He never really saw himself as non-partisan. I think he just always saw himself as a liberal Democrat first, above all else. If you disagree with him, then you are to be vilified and destroyed.

So, his message to blacks and Latinos and women doesn't really surprise me. He zeroes in on his perceived constituency and neglects the rest. Is there any doubt left that this man is the worst president ever?

From the Washington Post:

In the video message to his supporters, Obama said his administration's success depends on the outcome of this fall's elections and warned that if Republicans regain control of Congress, they could "undo all that we have accomplished."

"This year, the stakes are higher than ever," he said, according to a transcript of his remarks provided by Democratic officials. "It will be up to each of you to make sure that young people, African Americans, Latinos and women who powered our victory in 2008 stand together once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment